Essex Emergency Services Technical Checklist
- Charging points electric vehicles;
- Bulk fuel storage;
- Shoreline charging for vehicles;
- Wash bays for Ambulances/ other vehicles.
- Ambulance accommodation considerations
Specification Guide for Ambulance Hub
The following information is a guide for providing a modern ambulance hub, the detailed specification will be required to be developed for each location.
- The Trust has no preference whether the facility is a new build or conversion. New builds have the advantage of being able to design the site to individual requirements, but the availability of the site in the correct location is a big consideration. New sites have restraints with regards to physical obstacles and planning restrictions. Site location should be reviewed using ORH mapping to fully assess that it will be fit for purpose.
- Location positioned close to acute hospital preferred.
- Approximately one third of staff are only present on site at any one time.
- Dependant on the station design ideally eight DSA’s can be stored under cover.
- Station accommodation can be split in a two-story building with non-essential services (training admin office etc) located on the first floor.
- All sizes are approximate the Trust has detailed data sheets for each room.
- Site area around .8 Hectare (2 Acre)
- Good access & egress from site
- Digital radio coverage
- Data coms available
- Medical Gas store (15 M2)
- Waste storage area (16 M2)
- No planning restrictions for construction of ambulance station
- 3phase 250KVA electricity supply available
- Provision to install 40,000 litre diesel fuel tank and associated drainage protection
- Vehicle wash bay and waste interceptor (49 M2)
- Car parking for 80 cars
- Parking for 18 DSA (Double staff Ambulances)
- Workshop area for two DSA’s and associated rooms (170 M2)
- Make ready bay for two DSA’s stores, dirty utility, clinical equipment, clinical eng. (340 M2)
- Station accommodation for around 160 staff inc. offices, welfare (300 M2)
- Training area ideally split with mobile divider (75 M2)
|Community Ambulance Station Type|
|Level 1||Level 2||Level 3|
|c. 75 m2 of accommodation, including:||c. 100 m2 of accommodation, including:||A minimum of c. 125 m2 of accommodation, including:|
Page updated: 5/05/2020