Climate Change and the Historic Environment
We have commissions specialist Historic Environment consultants to produce guidance on how improvements can be made to historic buildings to reduce their carbon impact whilst retaining the integrity of these historic structures. The resulting Advice Note will be posted on the website as part of the Essex Design Guide.
The guidance will include:
- A baseline overview of the historic buildings typically found in Essex. Including understanding the general typologies and designation status.
- Guidance on energy efficiency and historic buildings.
- Advice to aid the planning decision process, as well as being accessible for homeowners, commercial building owners, landlords etc
- Highlight the opportunities and constraints for working towards reducing the carbon footprint of different heritage assets, for example buildings in conservation areas.
- Reference and promote best practice information, case law and examples of useful techniques
- Provide best practice examples, precedents and case studies of completed work found within Essex.
- Identify a broad understanding of costings.
The report and its findings will be published on this page in June-July 2022.
Page updated: 18/05/2022